[fpc-devel] FPC for minimal Win-32

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:10:36 CET 2011

Hello FPC,

>> Or simply create a dummy "oleaut32.dll" which exports the same
>> functions prototypes without doing nothing (empty functions) and drop
>> that DLL in the same folder as the exe.
SB> But then you must not use FPC for that DLL as the oleaut32 functions are
SB> used in DLLs as well.

Instead modify RTL to not import that functions, provide a simple
empty stub in a "local" DLL to keep the dll loader happy and disable
unicode. Maybe I'm dropping something in the path and this approach is
not good.

SB> Also if you follow this approach it might be safer to stay far away from
SB> any function that takes a WideString (UnicodeString might work though).

The worst thing could be a "no answer" function, or implement a very
basic non complian unicode operations (I had not checked what
oleaut32.dll functions perform).

--
Best regards,
 José