[fpc-devel] MIPS

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jun 30 15:09:20 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
> >  Probably the wisest is to take the PPC one and check it quickly against the
> > header.
>
> Thanks, I'm already using ppc for comparison purposes which is why I had
> a hard time finding the MM issue :-)
>
> Question if I may: should I be avoiding symlinks as non-portable?

For anything that should go back into SVN: no symlinks (*).

(and in general, even without SVN concerns, I don't think heavy symlinking
is a good concept in sources.  This would cause only problems because sb
might modify it for ppc, and not notice mips also linked to the file)

(*)http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#symlinks