wrong detection of inUnix ?? [Re: [fpc-devel] fcl-WEB build broken]

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Fri Jun 10 23:01:17 CEST 2011

On 10/06/2011 21:54, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2011, at 22:44, Martin wrote:
>
>> Ok, so I started changing the makefile, to see why patsep goes wrong
>>
>> Right on top of the makefile:
>>
>> ifeq ($(findstring ;,$(PATH)),)
>> inUnix=1
>> SEARCHPATH:=$(filter-out .,$(subst :, ,$(PATH)))
>>

>> if I change it to
>> inUnixXX=1
>> then it works
>>
>> so it seems that this test, reports my windows system as unix?
>>
>> $(PATH) =>  is that the environment?
>>
>> here is my PATH
>>
>> PATH=C:\FPC\SVN\trunk_build
>>
>> I removed all the other stuff from it, trunk_build has all that is needed. So there is no inteference from any other installed product...
> Removing all stuff from it is what is causing the problem. The OS detection is based on checking whether or not the PATH contains a semicolon. If it doesn't, we assume it's Unix (it has always worked like that).
Ok, it was an easy fix. I added a trailing ";"

However, the makefiles for building the compiler, (and probably rtl) did
not have a problem at all.

This happened during a full make (after a full "make clean")
So both compiler and rtl should have been build, before packages?
fcl-web is then probably just the first package....

btw: isn't ";" a valid char in a unix pathname?