[fpc-devel] compiler bug with structs within nested classes

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:11:45 CEST 2011

I heavily use nested classes in general and I've come across a problem
where I cannot make explicit references data structures from another
unit while embedded within classes.

//Developer/Source/Builds/SCS/Linux/64/Output/uRTSPd.o:(.data+0x52f):
undefined reference to `RTTI_DBMRTSP_DEF112'

The linking error will change as I tried referencing different structs
contained in dbmRTSP.pas unit.

I can create classes/structs (that reference said structs) within the
dbmRTSP unit that link, but when I reference the same structs from
outside this unit I get the linking error above (which again changes
with respect to the struct)

Anyone familiar with nested classes look into this for me?

Thanks a lot!