[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:02:16 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> But AFAIK, when building the Linux Kernel for AR; chips without FPU, you can
> include an FPU simulation. With that the user software (other than slower
> execution) does not notice that there is no FPU. As this only costs some
> hundred bytes of memory, I do suppose that the Kernel for Android devices
> might be done in that ways.

Then the manufacturers are not using this linux kernel option, because
software which uses the FPU will crash at startup in the devices
without a FPU. And I am 100% sure because I tested several devices and
several source technologies (FPC apps and also JITed Javascript).

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho