[fpc-devel] MySQL 5.5 and Connector System

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jan 18 11:27:13 CET 2011

In our previous episode, LacaK said:
> > If sb wants in in 2.4.4, I urge you to be quick :-)
> >
> Does it mean, that you are preparing release 2.4.4 in short time ?

More that the process begins. It is at least 3 months between branching and
release, though the third of a series is usually quick.

I'm hoping to branch in februari, do a release candidate a month later, and
release in may.

> If yes, then I would happy, if also bug
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16493 with attached patch will be
> commited.

The remark was mainly made because there were some doubts about the
stability etc of the trunk restructuring of dynamic loading of libraries in
the database drivers. Later changes in mysql, sqlite can depend on these.

I'm currently categorizing remaining commits to merge here:

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/mergelogs/

the problem commits are, amongst others:

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/mergelogs/dynlibs.txt