[fpc-devel] Linux Signals

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jan 2 18:10:58 CET 2011

On 02 Jan 2011, at 18:02, Andrew Brunner wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>
>> Please move this discussion to the fpc-other list.
>
> If by "this" discussion you mean "his" discussion then great.

I mean "discussions about the superiority of one programming paradigm over another", in particular in the context of "OS alpha is way better than OS beta" or "programmers of OS alpha are stupid for not adopting the obviously superior approach of OS beta". This list is about programming either OS alpha or beta, not about converting people from OS alpha to OS beta nor about rewriting/extending OS alpha to partially emulate the other one.

> I've
> still got outstanding issues with SIGIO / SIGPOLL.

And those are welcome, although a Linux-specific programming list would most likely to be of more help (unless you start about how Windows does everything much better in your opinion; it depends on whether you want help or prove your point).

Jonas
FPC mailing lists admin