[fpc-devel] Linux Signals

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jan 2 00:59:46 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Andrew Brunner said:
> on Windows.  You wanna sit here and tell me it can't / isn't to be
> done with LINUX!?!

Aw, that got away to soon. Anyway, the question has come up before (recently
even), and afaik nobody came up with anything but select(), and epoll(Linux)/kqueue
(BSD+Mac) if that was not enough.

But *nix has no generalized handle system, so waiting on multiple
event-types will always be a problem. There are some minor mitigating factors
like that more handle types are files in *nix are files.