[fpc-devel] Misterious error

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 20:17:10 CET 2011

Hello FPC,

Saturday, December 31, 2011, 5:07:42 PM, you wrote:

>>              //if (cs_implicit_exceptions in
>> current_settings.moduleswitches) and
>>              //   (is_class(procdef.struct) and
>> (procdef.proctypeoption=potype_constructor)) then
>>              //  maybe_add_constructor_wrapper(code,true)
>>              //else
>>                maybe_add_constructor_wrapper(code,false);
>> Makes everything work fine again. The if..else was added by you in
>> 19668. Maybe a forgotten situation to generate stackframe ?
>>
SG> Plain removal of this if..else breaks a couple of tests in
SG> the testsuite. But the information you
SG> provided gives some pointers to look at. At least, adding a
SG> check that constructor without
SG> pi_needs_implicit_finally flag doesn't have any implicit
SG> finalization code either will help
SG> detecting the actual place of trouble.
SG> I'll review it.

I'll be very happy in test any change you may want to try before
commit to SVN. This kind of problems seems to be very difficult to
catch, so I'll try to not change my codebase while you investigate in
order to be able to raise the error as needed.

Another hint, my problem appears at close time and only if a debugger
is present. If no debugger the operative system eats the error and
nothing is reported.

Happy 2012.

--
Best regards,