[fpc-devel] -Oodfa

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Fri Dec 30 12:47:46 CET 2011

30.12.2011 15:18, Florian Klämpfl пишет:

> I played with this yesterday and what about extended Initialize to
> support unmanaged types? In case of an unmanaged type it just calls
> fillchar.

I was rather thinking about 'varout' (or so) parameter type, which was suggested already several
times in the past.
Extending Initialize is a) different from Delphi (Delphi ignores initialize(unmanaged_type)), b)
does not affect already existing code, c) not applicable to all cases where FillChar is used (e.g.
FillChar(x, sizeof(foo)+n*sizeof(bar))

Sergei