[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?y

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:53:52 CET 2011

On 19 December 2011 16:18, Michael Schnell  wrote:

> Because I thought that during a discussion, I should use the latest version
> of DocView. So I tried to recompile the project (which of course deleted the
> executable file)

...[snip]...

> Yep. But I can't seem to easily install it. The RPM requires devel(libdl)
> which I also don't have.

Yeah, it seems you development platform isn't setup correctly. I use
Ubuntu on all my systems, which are DEB based, so I can't comment on
RPM packages sorry.

In a pinch, you can however download the latest binary of DocView from
the fpGUI SourceForge project files. I supply binaries for Linux and
Windows (the 'docview-xxx' files). This was released 2 weeks ago.

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpgui/files/fpGUI/0.8/

> I seem to remember that I did compile docview some time ago, but I may be
> wrong. In fact it does not come with an svn update.

1) I don't use a SubVersion repository for fpGUI.
2) I don't include binaries in the source code repository. The only
exceptions are the
    wipfc (INF compiler) binaries which I got from the OpenWatcom project.

  - Graeme -