[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?y

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Dec 19 10:03:31 CET 2011

On 12/17/2011 10:58 AM, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Not currently. But the problems wrt that are in the toplevel systems (latex
> and fpdoc), not CHM.
In fact it seems to be  the CHM viewer that (AFAIK) (other than the INF
viewer) does not work on multiple files at the same time.
> I myself don't see much benefit in a unified copy. It violates the
> FPC-lazarus division. I do sometimes have doubts wrt the fcl-rtl division.
Of course I agree. multiple files are more handy, but  then the viewer
needed to be able to do multi-file searching.
> And searching should work with multiple files too.
You mean CHM-files. In fact the Delphi help viewer seems to do this.
> There are also
> possibilities to merge the indexes and TOCs of multiple CHM files afaik.
Interesting. So _this_ should be done by a script rather than merging
the files.
> So there is no immediate need to integrate the systems, but with the new
> fpdoc project support it might be possible. But I'm not planning on
> supporting such things and building them for releases.
Thanks for your past and future work.
-Michael