[fpc-devel] TFPCustomCanvas Expanded Clipping

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 11:49:51 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>>> Yes, but changing this will break existing code ?

Such code can be considered broken, deserves an fix anyhow.

>> Yes, it cannot do both at the same time, unless we add a property
>> PaintLikeTCanvas or something like that.
>
> Hm. I would reverse the property. "UseFPCPaint", which must be switched
> 'on'.

I'd suggest that you use the TCanvas conventions, before you run into
well known pitfalls.

E.g. an empty rectangle should be (x,y, x,y), while a single pixel
should be (x,y, x+1,y+1). The Width is Right-Left, not Right-Left+1.
Otherwise combining regions, tiling (tables...), rotating etc. will be
overly complicated and consequently almost buggy.

DoDi