[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 15:17:47 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 3 December 2011 17:26, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
>> And the contents in the XML is _NOT_ dependent where exactly those files
>> are, as long as fpdoc can find them.
>

> Exactly my point. fpdoc cannot generate documentation without knowing
> where the the *.xml _and_ *.pas files are. So currently we need to
> keep telling fpdoc where both are. Why not combine both options into
> one.

I thought about such a simplification, too, but you'll get some objections:

How then do you want to document files for different platforms?
(needs to supply different source and include directories)

How to find the source files, when an XML file documents multiple modules?
(I never saw such an case, but it's possible).

The same for multiple XML files, documenting parts of an source file?

I've reduced my description file lists to an single entry: dir\*, and
let my fpdoc search for all applicable XML files there :-)

This solution has already been rejected by the core developers [no
comment here :-], but a similar solution --descdir could serve the same
purpose, with less risks for errors in the supplied argument.

DoDi