[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Dec 3 12:28:49 CET 2011

> I've always wonder about the very verbose command line parameters used
> with fpdoc. Why couldn't the XML simply mention which unit(s) it
> documents. You could also include macros [eg: $(somemacro) ] which
> fpdoc could substitute when the xml file is processed. The macros
> could be defined in some fpdoc.ini file, or passed as command line
> option. I would opt for the ini file choice, but the command line
> param could be used to override the macro if needed.

Keeping content and settings apart. Such macros would introduce assumptions
about directory layout (even if just minor stuff) to the content. I don't
think that is necessary.

A solution like you propose with INI is difficult since then a checkout in a
random place would work without configuration first.