[fpc-devel] RTL docs missing links

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 2 16:57:19 CET 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2 December 2011 12:43, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> You will be pleased to hear then, that we've developed - in FPC - a search
>> engine for the HTML docs :-)
>
> Excellent. How fast does it do searching across the RTL and FCL HTML
> docs? Does it need to first build a search/keyword database?

It does. This is a one-time operation.

> I remember using Tipue (www.tipue.com/) years ago with fpdoc generated
> HTML. But the search / keyword database was *huge*, causing relatively
> slow searching, and a real pain to generate that search database or
> keep it up to date.

The time depends on the back-end, but all back-ends returned results
in less than 0.7 sec. Considering the size of the databases involved,
this is OK.

Currently there are 3 backends: custom made, sqlite and Interbase.
No surprise, the custom made one is fastest.

Michael.