[fpc-devel] ARM vs Thumb2 - can't have both

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 23 10:06:20 CEST 2011

On 08/23/2011 08:39 AM, David Welch wrote:

> I figure most folks would not want to sink to the lowest common
> denominator.

I feel that M3 and friends might be worth investing in thumb support for
"embedded" devices. But I understand that the more relevant targets for
ARM-FPC seem to be Smartphones, Tablet PCs, mini-Servers and upcoming
high performance cortex A15 Servers. Her I feel that thumb does not make
much sense, while most legacy ARM hardware does not _need_ thumb based
software, even it would be able to run it.

Just my version of the rule of thumb. :)

-Michael