[fpc-devel] C++ gets language-internal concurrency support

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 19 15:15:05 CEST 2011

On 08/19/2011 02:15 PM, David W Noon wrote:
> I might do some experiments in C# to see if the thread manager creates
> threads with process scope or system scope, as it might be a bit
> smarter than Java's "green threads".
I remember that there once was a version of the PThreadLib that used an
internal userland scheduler for handling the threads. Here of course
only one thread is visible to the OS and thus only one CPU is used. So
the "green Thread" Model is available in C (and FPC), as well. I suppose
this library is not much in use any more.

-Michael