[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:22:58 CEST 2011

On 08.08.2011 22:11, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
>>> That being said, there is another bubble going on in Mobile, and we have to
>>> be very careful that such things don't happen again.
>>
>> May I ask you to explain what you mean here? (Just curious)
>
> That donations of large pieces of code are not checked properly. Specially
> for parts (new units) that we don't know very well, and thus copyrighted
> code is more likely to go unnoticed.

Thanks for explaining, but could there really be such a problem as FPC
is more or less the first Pascal compiler on such platforms? Or does
converting copyrighted C(whatever) code count here as well? (Sorry, if I
sound a bit naive, but I still have problems with all that copyright and
license stuff...)

Regards,
Sven