[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:51:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 4 August 2011 14:21, LacaK wrote:
> Is this "branching" somehow related to preparation of release some next
> version of FPC (2.5.x ? or so) ?

Yes, it's for the next major FPC release.

> I am asking because, there are waiting some bugs/features which I would be
> happy see fixed before any major release.
> Can I see somewhere on web some planed time schedule or anouncements about
> next releases ?

I would have liked to have known about the branch *before* it happened
too. I was waiting patiently on Michael to commit something that me
has written some months (or a year) ago [and have some a preview of
it]. I didn't want to bug him because I know he is busy too. But that
feature missing the 2.6.0 deadline means it will only be available in
the neeeext major release - some 2-3 years from down the line. :-(

@Marco,
It would be very nice if you can notify use a week or two before such
a branch. That way we know we need to finish up with what we are doing
if we want those features in the next major release.

  - Graeme -