[fpc-devel] Script Language, TCL Update

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Fri Apr 29 18:42:15 CEST 2011

Hi!

I want to equip a program with a command line and plan to use a real
scripting language to interpret the user input. I've looked around a bit
(e.g. in the mailing list archives) and found some languages:
 - PascalScript
 - JavaScript
 - Lua
 - TCL

Only the latter has a "command line friendly" syntax, i.e. the
parameters are entered separated by spaces, like for the shell.

So far, could you recommend me any other "command line friendly"
language?

After that, my second point. Happily, FreePascal comes with a TCL
package, but this is linked to TCL 8.0, while 8.5 is the current
version. Did anybody update the unit? Is anybody interested in an
updated unit? Would you include it to the official FreePascal
distribution if I send an updated unit?

Thanks
  Hansi