[fpc-devel] Recent changes to TField.SetData

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Tue Apr 26 14:31:54 CEST 2011

>>/ Michael,
/>>/ do you plan do something else with this "OnValidate" problem ?
/
> I thought I had done everything, or did I (again) forget something ?

There is IMHO unresolved original problem which is in fact,
 that some TDataSet descendants implement call to Field.Validate in descendant's SetFieldData
(for example ZEOS in procedure TZAbstractRODataset.SetFieldData)

So if we leave call to Validate(Buffer) in TField.SetData
( http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/base/fields.inc?r1=17199&r2=17220 )

Then in case of these TDataSet descendants will Validate called twice.
(once in TField.SetData and second in descendant's SetFieldData)

Please look at diff's which are attached in my email from 13.4.2011.
(There are changes which we must/can do to fix it)

Thanks
-Laco.