[fpc-devel] Trying to add "sky" target based on "arm" target. Internal error 2004121202

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:15:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

I copied "arm" folder to "sky" folder to try and use it as basis for adding
a new target to free pascal.

I also used lazarus 9.30 which builds everything fine.

I also added ifdefs and if defines for sky. "sky" is the conditional used to
indicate my target ;)

fpc builds but when it's run the following happens:

"
P:\fpcbuild-2.4.2-experiment-with-lazarus-9-30-fpc-2-4-2\fpcsrc\bin\sky>ppsky.ex
Fatal: Internal error 2004121202
Fatal: Compilation aborted
"

Now I am wondering what the number behind the internal error means ?

Searching for this number turns up nothing.

Searching for "internal error" also turns up nothing.

(Both searched in source codes).

(Arm had many conditionals though, I simply added sky pretty much
everywhere.)

If I had to guess what the problem could be then it's either one of these
too:

1. There is some kind of conflict in the compiler itself ?

or

2. The "sky" rtl is missing ?!?

The build options are as follows:

 -MObjFPC -O1 -g -gl -vei -Se50 -l -Fisky -Fusky -Fusystems -Fu. -FUsky\lazbuild\
 -FE..\bin\sky\ -oppsky.exe -dsky

Perhaps I should now try and work on RTL ? or is it still an issue with the
compiler ?

I zipped the sources into compiler.rar in case anybody wants to have a
looksy and might be able to spot the problem (maybe some conditional
somewhere ?)

Sources are here:

http://www.skybuck.org/FreePascalExperiments/SkyTarget/compiler.rar

Meanwhile... I'll try to debug it and see if I can find problem myself ;)

More advice how to proceed with target or rtl is welcome ! ;) =)

Bye,
  Skybuck.