[fpc-devel] Announcement: Free Pascal Compiler Delphi XE Port Project

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:40:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have finished with Phase 1 of the Free Pascal Compiler Delphi XE Port
Project:

http://www.skybuck.org/FreePascalCompilerDelphiXEPortProject/

All code with porting issue's have been disabled by me.

(The RTL is not used, instead small portions of it where copied to
unit_skybuck_types.pas for the time being).

By disabling/commenting all code porting issue's it's now possible to fully
compile the free pascal compiler in Delphi XE which should be a great help
to programmers all over the world that want to help with this new project !

Programmers should now be able to fix any bug in any file, they can all
working in parallel.

This project is open to anybody skilled enough at fixing porting issue's...
these are probably/hopefully little issue's like... fixing pascal-array
features which are not supported in Delphi. (How to exactly fix these
issue's could be further discussed perhaps via e-mail, a forum,
newsgroups... not sure yet where we could discuss this... I'll probably
setup a nice little forum for us to communicate via the website... )

I also hope that the original developers of free pascal might take a little
peak and perhaps help out at fixing their own compiler so it becomes
"portable" again.

You should have and/or install a latest version of Delphi... (Delphi XE
preferably) that would be great... then you have all the advanced tools that
you need to fix this code ! ;) =D

Perhaps your code might even benefit from this. Perhaps it's also easier to
navigate to certain things.

Do see SkybuckChanges.txt to see what I did to source code...

I shall also paste a link to the source code right here so you don't have to
wrestly through that somewhat whacky/messy website ;):

http://www.skybuck.org/FreePascalCompilerDelphiXEPortProject/fpcbuild-2.4.2-delphi-xe-port-version-002-do-not-use-free-pascal-rtl.rar

Good luck to all and may the force be with you ! ;) =D

Bye,
  Skybuck.