[fpc-devel] Adding a new assembler to Free Pascal Compiler

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:06:59 CEST 2011

Am 05.04.2011 07:21, schrieb Skybuck Flying:
> Answering my own question ;)
>
> I guess the answer to my question is more or less the same as the
> following question:
>
> "How to add a new target to free pascal compiler".
>
> And I found this webpage which explains it a bit:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Porting_Free_Pascal#Adding_a_new_target
>
> I'll quote webpage here in case it ever goes lost ;)
>
> "
[snip]
> "
>
> This is probably enough information for me for now to go on ;)

This information is only useful once the compiler can generate code for
your target platform. A FPC target consists of two "bits": the cpu and
the OS. You are currently at the "cpu" step and that is documented much
less complete here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Porting_Free_Pascal#Porting_to_a_new_Architecture

See also my (yet to be written) answers to your first mail.

Regards,
Sven