[fpc-devel] Windows API

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Sep 22 11:01:27 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Jeppe Johansen said:
>   The only reference I could find about it was in the GNU w32api
> files(__W32API_VERSION, __W32API_MAJOR_VERSION, __W32API_MINOR_VERSION)

While the FPC ones date from gnu or mingw ones (IIRC) somewhere in 1998,
they are a separate codebase since.

> I couldn't find any meaning of this either, and don't know how to
> interpret it

I think he means the SDK version from which they are translated.

There is no such things. It is a separate codebase, and patches and new
translations are added/committed as we go.

Many of the more recent (winunit-base) are based on the first Windows7 SDK.

Some of the older units (Windows) might have places not touched since
windows 2000.

Standard procedure: if you find problems, ask and/or add a patch.

As one can see, there are not many winapi bugreports in mantis. This is
because they are usually easily fixed.