[fpc-devel] Test: compiling packages

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:22:56 CEST 2010

The conference departure got shifted by one day, so I can answer you
today, but then not until Friday :P

Am 21.09.2010 00:30, schrieb Willibald Krenn:
> ....> fpc -Fuunits\x86_64-win64 rtl.ppk
> unknown: 12
> unknown: 12
> rtl.ppk(7) Error: Multiple defined symbol _DLLMainCRTStartup
> rtl.ppk(7) Error: Undefined symbol: PASCALMAIN
> rtl.ppk(7) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted

This does indeed seem like a problem in the Win64 compiler cause the
Win32 one is working (are you using the trunk version?)

>> If you have problems regarding this procedure, please don't hesitate to
>> ask (but I might not be able to answer till Thursday, cause I'm on a
>> developer conference).
>
> Thanks! Well, I guess I have to get a debug-build of fpc first and then
> I'll probably have to investigate where the "unknown: 12" is coming
> from, etc..

You can compile and debug FPC from within Lazarus IDE. Just open
compiler/pp.lpi (or maybe compiler/ppx86_64.lpi in your case) and
compile it (for 2.5.1 you need a 2.4.0 as compiler for the compiler).

Regards,
Sven