Cppclasses - Was Re: [fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:13:58 CEST 2010

Am 21.10.2010 11:00, schrieb Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Florian Klaempfl
> <florian at freepascal.org>  wrote:
>> The tests (which cover only part of the cppclass support in FPC) are one
>> of the reality checks for your hypotheses about the usefulness of a
>> crippled C++ front end. And they show: crippled C++ support is not
>> needed, cppclasses is basically not used by anybody as far as I know.
>
> Is it in FPC 2.4.0?
>
> It probably got introduced too late for the Qt4FPC project, but it
> could indeed be useful for future versions of this project.
>
> Can they import a class from a DLL instead of a object file?
>
> thanks,

cppclass is part of FPC for quite some time, but it was never finished
(well... it isn't yet either).

The small improvements I've done till now (fix name mangling, test
static methods) are only in trunk. Also for now only gcc 3+ (including
4+) will be supported (thus no msvc).

In theory it should be possible to use C++ classes from shared object
files (at least that's my plan, cause I want to use the Irrlicht library
somewhere in the future), but I've not really tested that yet.

Regards,
Sven