[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:54:18 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 22:41, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Am 19.10.2010 12:07, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
>> I personally wanted to do some things for FPC (although Unicode was
>> not one of them),
>> but hesitated, because the current code is too messy and fragile to touch,
>
> In which areas?

I have had plans/ideas in many areas,
from fixing case and reformatting of Math unit
to finishing/extending Paul's work on for..in loop.

>> and refactorings are not welcome.
>
> Who says this? Usefull refactoring *is* welcome.

But here I see, again and again, that good refactorings are
rejected as "not useful". Well, maybe I should try myself
but the experience of others is definitely discouraging.

--
Alexander S. Klenin