[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:09:21 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-19 10:37, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> Changes to the compiler are allowed and have been implemented at various
> times with very good results. Paul is living proof of this.

...and you totally missed my sarcastic intent with that message.

DoDi's path forward seems clear... Fork the project to experiment without
obstructions to prove his worth, or use an "official" SVN branch to
experiment, or use a Git branch/repository to experiment.  Personally I use
the later quite frequent with Lazarus and fpGUI - I have some 15+ local
branches with various experimental changes for Lazarus and fpGUI (and it's
many sub projects).

I have given up contributing my changes to Lazarus, for the same reason
Dodi is struggling now (irrespective if the feature is big or small). This
doesn't bothers me any more, because I still benefit from my efforts and
changes, while others don't - it's their loss not mine. Thank you for open
source software!

[...DoDi, here is my Git workflow...]
I simply reset my local custom lazarus branch to the head svn branch (this
way I pick up all the new bugs, bugfixes and features), merge in the
various feature branches and be done with it. Occasionally I rebase my
feature branch to keep them in sync with svn head development - this near
eliminates chances for conflicts (99.9% of the time) when I do merges with
my feature branches. I've been working like this for months with great
success. It keeps me happy, and I mostly stay out of the way of the lazarus
team.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/