[fpc-devel] Less global variables

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Oct 10 00:43:13 CEST 2010

Am 10.10.2010 00:32, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
> Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
>
>>> Now I hope that this patch will be applied to the trunk soon.
>>
>> No. It's a mess and I won't sort it out.
>
> What do you feel a need for sorting out?

Splitting the patch in understandable parts which can be committed
separately with appropriate commit messages, fix formatting, remove
unneeded parts, remove stuff to be discussed first, see below.

It is good practive to patch and commit sources in well defined,
traceble steps and this is not possible with this patch.

>> Not to mention the indentation
>> style not following the style used in the surrounding code,
>
> The new or changed parts can be identified by their different naming
> style, more Pascal like, with not everything lowercase. The same for
> indentation, where different styles are already found in the source
> code.

As I said, we try to use the always a coding style like the surrounding
code.

> Refactoring, and maintenance in general, is much easier with more
> condensed code, without excessive indentation and almost-empty lines.

This is your opinion.

>> comments I made about the older patch are ignored,
>
> Which in detail do you mean?

The aasmbase change, see my comment in your issue report.

>> strange changes without any
>> comment like in cfidwarf etc.
>
> Ooops, cfidwarf should not have been affected. I guess it's due to the
> different base revision in my merge :-(

This is part of what I mean with mess.