[fpc-devel] Delphi-like Packages, Plan

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:56:33 CEST 2010

Am 04.10.2010 11:52, schrieb Marco van de Voort:

>>> Nah. Just wonder if that is necessary, if Delphi .bpl's are not compatible
>>> too eachother anyway.
>>
>> So... what is your suggestion? Keep the platform specific library name?
>
> bpl is fine with me on Windows. On *nix, what did Kylix use? Or maybe .dso ?

I'd not use *.bpl. People might get the idea to use FPC packages with
Delphi (or the other way round). By using a extension that isn't equal
to the Delphi ones we might avoid at least some questions about this
topic. ^^

So I personally would prefer *.ppl (for Pascal Package Library) on every
platform supporting packages.

Regards,
Sven