[fpc-devel] Delphi-like Packages, Plan

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 22:42:17 CEST 2010

Willibald Krenn schrieb:

> Here comes my 'official' plan on how I want to implement Delphi-like
> Package Support for FPC on Win64. Feel free to comment.
[...]
>         -K <File>[ <File>]*
>                         Command line arg to tell fpc to compile
>                         program/dll with runtime package support.

I don't like the Delph all-or-nothing philosophy here. I'd prefer to
specify the packages, that shall be loaded at runtime, while all other
packages can be linked into the executable. This would allow to use an
minimal set of external modules, which are shared by the exe and the
really self-contained packages.

The same effect could be achieved by a separation of packages into
(Lazarus-type) static libraries, and packages *designed* for dynamic

Good luck :-)

DoDi