[fpc-devel] StdOut capture for FPC RTL

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 26 11:32:23 CET 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2010, at 11:11, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> I think this is not bad; the question is whether we can do it on unix.
>> On Unix, we can currently only check when a threadvar is accessed.
>
> The semantics of those callbacks would be that they are called as soon as the
> RTL is initialised for a thread. On Unix, this is indeed only done on the
> first threadvar access.

If we decide to add this, maybe we should give the users a chance to test for this themselves ?

Procedure CheckThreadInitialize;

This way they can call this at the entry point of some externally called routines.
For windows, we'd need this 'check' procedure anyway, since there are 2 notification mechanisms.
(TLS callback and DLL_THREAD_ATTACH)
If the RTL is already initialized for this thread, it would do nothing.

Michael.