[fpc-devel] Re: enumerators

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Nov 15 09:49:05 CET 2010

On 11/14/2010 03:33 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> I did not have in mind such a sophisticated UTF8 string
> implementation, that included a translation table for easy indexing.
I don't think you need a translation table to walk through an UTF-8
String Unicode-Character by Unicode-Character (and create an UTF-8
String as a loop variable containing this single Unicode Character in
UTF-8 coding, This seems like a simple algorithm (disregarding the
notorious Mac-Style double-characters that exist in Unicode
independently of the UTF-coding style).

Of course the compiler needs to know that the "string" in fact is an
UTF-8 String (I don't know if now there are different types for
ANSIString and UTF8String.)

-Michael