[fpc-devel] no break and stepping if ctheads is used (Lazarus)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Mar 4 13:58:07 CET 2010

On 03/04/2010 01:21 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I use cthreads in our applications and it is enabled. I have no problems
> stepping through my program or stopping at breakpoints.

It's not "Applications", with those,  I never had any problems with
CThreads and debugging, either. I find these problems with "Programs"
(command line tools),

> Are you running the program with console output (terminal) enabled via the
> Lazarus IDE?
I don't think so. I just created a new "Program" to do these projects.
I'll check if I find the "terminal" options somewhere. But OTOH,
starting the "Program" with F7 just takes me to the "begin" line, as
it's supposed to.

> Try debugging from the command line using GDB directly.

I never used the command line GDB with a Lazarus program yet. I'll try
to do that and come back with results,

Thanks,
-Michael