[fpc-devel] Lazarus keeps it's secrets

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Mar 3 18:16:56 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 01:30:41PM +0100, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> > And how to enable debug info only for FCL and packages?...
>

> After building normally and before doing the make install:
>
> make `pwd`/compiler/ppc386 packages_clean packages_all OPT="-O- -gl"
>
> (if you're not under unix: replace `pwd` with the *full, absolute*
> path to the current directory)

This will create several sets of "macro scale packages"
(rtl,fcl,packages,lcl etc) that come from different compiles.

I actually had expected a answer involving stripping .o's here (e.g. have
one set with full debug info in the installer package, and installing
extracts these in two dirs, stripping one)

Lazarus could then switch from "debug" to non-debug on a per package basis
by including different trees.