[fpc-devel] Lazarus keeps it's secrets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Mar 3 13:21:36 CET 2010

On 03/03/2010 12:18 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Compiling fpc is very complicated. But there is hidden trick which
> only a few people know. I will reveal the secret for the first time
> ever to the public:
>
> make clean all OPT=-gl
> sudo make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Of course I do see that you mean I should read the Wike before asking
silly questions ;) .

But in fact I though of just compiling the RTL and not the compiler
(fpc) itself. I suppose using "rtl" (or similar) instead of "all" should
allow for this (I'll try to find this info in the docs or the Makefile
itself)

Moreover by

"make install INSTALL_PREFIX=~/debugrtl"

it should be possible to create a second dedicated copy of the library.

I'll try to find out how to do and use this....

Thanks again,
-Michael