[fpc-devel] fp IDE with libgdb

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 15:10:01 CET 2010

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> d48656c = #13'Hel'. gdb on SPARC is trying to dereference the string
>>> itself. I've fixed this in r13813 in trunk.
>>
>> 0d48. Well spotted :-) OK, I'll get back onto that as soon as I've got
>> a couple more live jobs off my desk.
>
> Apologies that once again I've taken months getting back onto this. I
> checked the code but there was still a problem, however I think that
> there's a possibility that I somehow screwed up getting the most
> up-to-date version (I don't claim great experience with SVN etc.). I
> took a bit of a look at the generated code using -al but I really need
> to get getting 2.4.0 onto the various development machines and re-test.
>
> One question if I may: am I correct in believing that I need to generate
> the compiler with EXTDEBUG before -an works? Are there any undesirable
> side effects to doing this?

I'm very sorry, I'd made the usual silly mistake of not checking the
/usr/local/bin/ppc* symlink so was still using the unfixed compiler. The
code as currently in trunk (2.5.1) works fine on SPARC if built without
optimisation, I'll check the optimised version presently.

I'm still getting a bus or alignment error in the fp IDE when driving
gdb but I'm reasonably optimistic that I'll be able to find that now.
PowerPC is fine so it's probably not something like an endianness issue.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk