[fpc-devel] procedure ... message(); in Linux

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Mar 1 14:31:56 CET 2010

Zitat von Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi>:

> Hi,
>
>> What gave no feedback?
>
> Ok, I tested again with a non-typical situation.
> I worked with lazarus.lpi and built Lazarus from tools -> Configure Build
> Lazarus. The error messages show up just like when compiling a "normal"
> project but "search identifier" does nothing.

I tested with lazarus.lpi: It works.
Do you have english messages?

> Now I tested with a "normal" project and it works. It is a cool feature
> actually.
> I noticed a minor bug: the Scope combobox gets "Project" by default. If I
> click the down-arrow to see a list then the first "Lazarus IDE" gets selected
> automatically. I guess you forgot to set Combobox.ItemIndex and only set its
> text.

It didn't matter for me. I now set the ItemIndex. Does that fix it?

> BTW, what does the Scope do? If I comment out SysUtils in my source,
> it always finds the missing function under FCL, whatever scope I
> select.

That's the interesting difference between the codebrowser and a find
declaration. Find declaration will search only via the uses sections
and search paths. The codebrowser searches in whole packages and
projects. That's why it can tell you in which unit an identifier is
defined.
If you set scope to 'project' it will search in all units of the
project. If you check the 'with packages' it will search in all
packages required by the project too. This normally includes the FCL
package, so it will search in all units installed by FPC.

Mattias