[fpc-devel] Lazarus keeps it's secrets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 1 14:20:59 CET 2010

To explore how PostMessage() in Linux works, I try to follow the source
code.

If I do ctrl-click in PostMessage Lazarus takes me to the Windows
implementation source code, that of course is not active with a Linux
project.

If I set a breakpoint at the line containing PostMessage(), execution
does stop there and stepping further with F7 some steps quite soon
(often with the first step) not only crashes Lazarus and GDB, but my
complete GDB process. Only init 3 / init 5 can get5 me running again.

Very strange....
-Michael