[fpc-devel] procedure ... message(); in Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 1 10:14:50 CET 2010

On 02/26/2010 04:10 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> '
> There are several tools in Lazarus for this:
> - click compile, fpc will give "identifier not found", right click on
>   the message - popup menu - search identifier. This will search all
>   units. On first time it may take a minute to scan
>   the about 1000 units of fpc.

Thanks a lot,
Sorry but no :(

Right-Clicking the message gives:
 - Create local Variable
 - Clear
 - Copy selected messages to clipboard
 - copy all messages to clipboard
 - copy all and hidden messages to clipboard
 - Help
 - Save all messages to file

All these are very interesting options I was not aware of, but
unfortunately no search for identifiers.

> - search / find in files

Can search in
 - Project Files
 - open files
 - a given directory.

(1) and (2) are not helpful,

(3) Of course I often did search the FPC or LCL sources using standard
keyword search but here I get all the instances not just the definition
and of course with these system functions there are several definitions
that are included in the active sources or not depending on the
compile-target.

-Michael