[fpc-devel] Threading support and C library under Linux/Unix

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:09:36 CEST 2010

Op 2010-06-22 12:01, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
> One of the drawbacks is that it will pull in thread support, and hence
> the C library. But if you care to donate the code, I will be happy to
> include it in FPC.

If these questions are answered somewhere on the wiki, then just pointing
me in that direction please.

I know that to threading support is optional in Linux/Unix apps, and is
always available under Windows (not sure about Macs).

* What is the downside again of pulling in thread support by default?

* Michael mentioned the C library gets pulled in. Is that bad? Is it
  possible to have threading support without the C library.

* Why is Windows different is this case and doesn't require a special unit
  to enable threading support.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/