[fpc-devel] Syntax problem with function result

Jeppe Johansen jepjoh2 at kom.aau.dk
Wed Jul 28 14:26:27 CEST 2010

How would it? As I wrote, I suggested that you should be able to disable
the function name result variable with a compiler directive. That
wouldn't break anything since normal code wouldn't have the compiler
directive

I know why the functionality is there, but I just think it's unnecessary
baggage and complexity in a modern dialect

The semantics are really hard to figure out too, whereas it makes
perfect sense when you use "result". I don't think it follows logically
whether it'll call the function or set the result

I attached a patch, that works as I suggested
I think alot of other people would think of this as an unnecessary
"addition", but well, I like my compilers strict :)