[fpc-devel] is that intended? private type section in classes versus visibility

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 12:19:38 CEST 2010

On 23 July 2010 15:49, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> And it still makes no sense. First, that was only about unit names, second
> it required aliasing everywhere it was used, which was more than the work
> required to rename.

Marco, the Generics unit name doesn't clash, but the actual classnames
do. So if I use the Generics TFPGList and fpGUI's TfpgList in the same
unit, I will have to reference them with the unit name prefix,
correct? This is fine.

eg:
  uses
    fpg_lists, fgl {generic classes};

   // create a generic instance
   lst1 := fgl.TFPGList.Create();

  // now create a fpGUI list instance
   lst2 := fpg_list.TfpgList.Create();

Problem is that if the unit names clashed, there is now way around the
problem? Or is there?

  - Graeme -