[fpc-devel] Purpose of "uses ... in"?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Jul 15 14:26:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Stefan Kisdaroczi <kisda at hispeed.ch> wrote:
> I'm still using it. Or make a symlink:
> ln -s rar/zip.pas rar.pas
>
> In combination with {$L xzy.o} and 'external name ...' you can do
> wonderful things. Don't do this at home! (maybe at work :-)

Okay... this is very sophisticated. I have not used it (yet) but this
is not so simple.
I still thinking my sugestion (in other mail, and copied below) is a good way:

uses
 zip IN '/units/my/zip.pas' AS myzip;
 zip IN '/units/lib/zip/zip.pas' AS ziplib;

2 units, same name, different paths and different "aliases" to use in project.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM, José Mejuto <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can vaguely remember a case like this in Delphi several years ago,
> but I think the problem was a precompiled .dcu which I can not rename.
> Is this possible ?

...but my sugestion do no serves for compiled files... or serves?

Regards,
MD.