[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 16:30:27 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:

>> M68K machine, which in turn seems to have inherited from the ARM.
> I suppose: vice versa :).

At least I found files with comments from/for ARM.

>> .., but it doesn't allow to support multiple machine back-ends in one
>> program.
> Do you think it would be an advantage to support multiple archs in a
> single compiler executable ? I feel that recompiling the compiler when
> changing the target CPU is not very harmful.

I don't understand the current compilation process yet. How is the
target command line switch handled? Does pp spawn the target-specific
compiler?

>> I could not find much, and most existing documentation is outdated
>> since 2.0 :-(
> Of course improvement on that issue would be very desirable :).

What format should it be? Wiki entries were easily extensible, but it's
also easy to loose the overview over the missing pieces. FPDoc is nasty
to format, though it would allow to inline the documentation with the
online help. I'd prefer HTML, or OpenOffice if it allows for embedded links.

DoDi