[fpc-devel] Re: Purpose of "uses ... in"?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jul 13 11:48:27 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Schindler Karl-Michael said:
> > thread saying that they use this functionality (both in FPC and in
> > Delphi). Therefore I don't think it is a good idea to remove or change
> > it.
> >
> > If different functionality is desired, I think it's better to add a
> > different construct rather than using the same construct but with a
> > different meaning.
>
> When checking, I found that it is used for all files in UltraStar Deluxe.

With or without paths? IOW does it only change casing? Then it might not be
that bad. (though it doesn't deserve a beauty price either).

Probably that is because of Kylix, that doesn't have FPC's "in case of
doubt, just lowercase all filenames" escape, resulting in the need to
micromanage it manually using IN.