[fpc-devel] fpdoc content syntax suggestion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 13:02:01 CEST 2010

Op 2010-07-09 11:26, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> In that case, you'll still have problems with < and > (and possibly other)
> characters, unless you plan to put everything in CDATA sections.

Yes, that would be required if we stay with the XML format, I don't see any
other way around it, and I definitely wouldn't want to introduce escaped
text inside the documentation content, just to get around the XML format
issue. Again, no extra burden should be placed on the documentation writer
- simply writing documentation is already a burden enough. :)

Alternatively (which I believe is not desired - and wasn't my plan either),
is to use a totally different file format than XML. I guess for the sake of
covering all basis, what do others think of this? Personally, I don't see
an issue with staying with XML and simply put all <descr> and <short>
content inside a CDATA block. I assume the fcl-xml units know how to handle
CDATA blocks?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/