[fpc-devel] fpdoc content syntax suggestion

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jul 9 11:26:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2010-07-09 09:38, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
>>
>> Do you want to drop the XML entirely, or just replace the content
>> of the <short> and <descr> nodes with asciidoc ?
>
> Sorry, I see I wasn't clear in my original post. The XML file can stay,
> it's just the syntax used for the documentation content in the <short> and
> <descr> that should change. It's the help content syntax I have a issue
> with, not the usage of the XML file itself.

In that case, you'll still have problems with < and > (and possibly other)
characters, unless you plan to put everything in CDATA sections.

>> a) The asciidoc parsing (or whatever you call it) engine *must* be in the FCL
>
> Not a problem.

With modified LGPL license ?

[snip]

> Again, not a problem.

In that case, I expect your patch next week ;-)

>> And of course I do not intend converting the current documentation to
>> asciidoc :-)
>
> I wasn't suggesting that, but I do intend to write a converter from the old
> format to new format. You can decide if you want to switch or not.

Well, I don't see the point in learning yet another syntax (however simple

Michael.